NochNoch.com

Today is a Good Day

| 11 Comments

Today is a Good Day

I slept better last night.

Woke up and went for a specialized physiotherapy / massage session.

Came home, ate some lunch and watched TV.

Played with Bamboo.

Made some Cantonese style dessert with egg and milk.

Read a few pages of Carl Jung’s thoughts on dreams and unconsciousness.

Ate my dessert.

Talked to my bears, and rearranged them in the Bear Room.

Now I am writing this.

So, despite being assessed to be in mild to moderate depression recently by my shrink, today was a good day.

We can have good days too.

Time for a nap.

depression, recover from depression, how to get out of depression, suicide, international executive, expatriate life, self awareness, finding yourself, balanced life, overachiever and depression, burnt out cause depression, stress cause depression, prevent suicide, Beijing depression, Beijing suicide, Noch Noch, Bearapy,

11 Responses

1. timmie says:

Seems like you and Ice Cube have something in common

2. Tonya says:

Noch Noch,
    Thanks for letting us know that you were having a good day because we care. I, too, am struggling with moderate depression right now but you have provided a bright moment. One day at a time!!

Timmie,
    Great comment!!

3. Lily Lai says:

Sounds likes a great day!

4. Sisyphus's bear says:

lol, i talk to my soft toys too, i am also able to talk to guinea pigs.

perhaps you can try watching some guinea pig videos on youtube? they almost always manage to brighten my day.

5. kashif says:

Hey noch noch.
    I too had gone through depression a couple of years back . I quit my job because of it. I got myself treated and have been now working for the past 1 year. However a recent promotion has brought back those feelings of inadequacy. I am in touch with my shrink even though I am trying to be strong. I stumbled onto your blog and look to forward to reading more such articles

• nochnoch says:

HI Kashif

Good to know you are back at work. I also get these feelings of inadequacy. Have you heard of the impostor phenomenon? I also always feel i’m not good enough. So you are not alone. It takes time to identify the unconscious thoughts behind, which I’m trying to do

Noch Noch

6. Wendy Javier says:

I am so glad to have stumbled on your website. I know I suffer from depression but am in deep denial. Robin Williams’ recent suicide because of depression just did it for me. I know I had to find some answers why I am so cagey, achy, and angry at the world at times.

Thank you, Noch Noch for all the insights and sharing your journey! I am a fan!

about Noch Noch

Enoch Li, (pen name: Noch Noch) is born and raised in Hong Kong and Australia. She has also studied / worked / lived in the US, France, UK, Japan, The Netherlands, China, and has travelled to more than 40 countries. She loves travelling and her curiosity in foreign cultures and languages has led her to enjoy her life as an international executive in the banking & finance industry. However, she was forced to take time off work in 2010 due to her illnesses and after spending time in recovery, cooking, practising Chinese calligraphy, reading and writing – in short, learning to take care of herself and letting out the residual work stress, she has transitioned into a Play Consultant for corporates interested in creative change management and employee well-being using the psychology of playfulness.